Peanut Buddy Bars



For the last week or so our cookie jar has been empty, so the other day I asked Monkey what kind of cookies she'd like me to make, and she said, "Peanut butter chocolate chip!" (Mmmmm, the child has good taste!) So, I pulled out my mother's old cookbook and whipped up these yummies from my own childhood. 




My mother called them "peanut buddy bars", and they are essentially peanut butter bars (brownies?) with chocolate chips mixed in. Moist and delicious, with just the right touch of chocolate, you can't go wrong with these!




Not surprisingly, my kids have already cleaned out the pan--I guess I'll just have to make more soon! 😉 

The recipe is simplicity itself; just a few ingredients--all of which you probably already have on hand--and about 10 minutes of prep time (give or take), and you can throw these in the oven and move on to whatever else you have on your agenda for the day. 




Twenty minutes later--ding!--you'll be pulling sweet, hot, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness from the oven. It's that easy!





My mom's recipe calls for putting more chocolate chips on top of the bars as soon as they come out of the oven and then spreading them over the top once they've melted a bit, but I usually skip that step. They don't need it, in my opinion; they're perfectly delicious just like this. But feel free to try it if you want to. I don't think you'll be sorry!



Need a last-minute dessert? Nothing's much quicker or easier than this. Forgot to get your loved one a Valentine's (or birthday or whatever) gift? Impress them by making something so easy and delicious even the most novice cook can accomplish it. Seriously, I'm not sure how it's even possible to mess up this recipe (unless you just don't know how to read a recipe! 😄), and the results are guaranteed!

Enjoy!






Comments

Popular Posts